As an Official State Vehicle Inspection Station, we help keep your vehicle not only legal, but safe to drive. Most vehicles in Texas are required to receive an annual inspection.
All Texas inspections include a comprehensive safety check; however some vehicles are required to have an emissions test in addition to the safety inspection. Diesel powered vehicles and motorcycles are exempt from the emissions standards, but are still required to have the annual safety inspection.
Texas Requires These Items be Inspected for a Passenger Car
* Check for evidence of Financial Responsibility
2. Windshield Wipers
5. Seat Belts
6. Brakes (system) (Parking – beginning with 1960 models)
8. Wheel Assembly
9. Exhaust System
10. Exhaust Emission System (beginning with 1968 models)
11. Beam Indicator (beginning with 1948 models)
12. Tail Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
13. Stop Lamps (2); (1) if 1959 model or earlier
14. License Plate Lamp (1)
15. Rear Red Reflectors (2)
16. Turn Signal Lamps (beginning with 1960 models)
17. Head Lamps (2)
18. Motor, Serial, or Vehicle Identification Number
19. Gas caps on vehicles 2-24 model years old
20. Window Tint.
Car Care Central is your Official Texas Inspection Station: